BE1370 Dragline Safety Upgrade
Designed AS1657 Compliant Walkways and Access to the Boom
The basis of this project was to implement the recommendations of a major Safety Hazard study of the BE1370 Dragline at the Tarong Coal Mine. Encompassing many tasks, the major component was the replacement of the existing stairway on the boom which failed on many counts to comply with AS1657, the Australian Standard for fixed platforms, walkways stairways and ladders.
CMP Engineers provided complete Project Management including:
- Initial consultations with Tarong Maintenance staff;
- Development of budget for project;
- Preliminary design;
- Presentation of designs to Tarong staff; Completions of designs;
- Design for fabrication;
- Supervision of fabrication and delivery to site;
- Supervision of installation during routine shutdown July 1996.